I Think I am going to Win my first "Mom" Award!
Sorry all of you Mom's out there, but I do believe that I am the most deserving of this award based on my performance as a Mom this past week!
- I required the children to sit down a read out of an actual book before they could watch any tv, play Wii, or be on the computer! - the horror!
- I limited their computer time to 2 hours a day. - I am so stunting their development!
- The internet went down and I did not fix it because the children did not abide by the 2 hour rule. - so cruel!!
- The rule in the house is no phone calls made or received after 10pm. - come on! kids want to talk or just listen to each other breathe until they fall asleep on the phone! Why is that not ok?
- Now the rule is no calls made or received for one entire week for disregarding the above rule. - Seriously- how could I be sooo mean!
- I would not let the children scavenge through the refrigerator 30 minutes before dinner. - they were so starving and probably were about to faint!
- I made all of the children go with me to the pool. - such a boring place with nothing at all to enjoy
- I made the children go outside to play whatever they would like to play on a gorgeous day! - I am most likely exposing them to harmful gases by doing this based on their reactions!
- I made the children go to a picnic so they could meet new friends. - apparently they would rather sit with me and fold laundry then hang with kids their own age
- I made the children eat their healthy meals before they could have any sweets or snacks. If they chose not to eat the good stuff I didn't give them the junk food. - can I make life any more difficult for these children??
Yes, this first week of summer vacation was a tough one for our household. The children have unanimously chosen me to have the "Meanest Mom" Award!
I am actually flattered and thrilled! This award (tearing up at the moment) just means that I am strong enough to take all that they can dish out! It means that I am winning the battle! I am still in control of this household and will remain strong! I will hold this award proudly and use it to
beat them down remind myself that I am doing an awesome job! So Bring It On!! Mommy is ready!!!